Re: [Amps] Amplifier for 630 meter band

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amplifier for 630 meter band
From: Merv Schweigert via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2017 07:52:13 -1000
Lot of dedicated receive antennas,  the noise is beyond belief in some
areas,  if your in town especially,  there is a ton of noise,  have heard
stories of over S9 noise at all times.
Seems hams are using everything from E-probes,  K9AY loops, beverages,
beverages on the ground etc.  anything to try and cut noise down.
I am located in a remote area,  underground power lines,  no close neighbors
on 30 acres, and my transmit antenna is as good as any small receive antenna,
for receive.  But thats not normal.

Its not uncommon to have to produce a signal thats S9 or above just to overcome
the noise for the poor guy in town or in a noisy location.
Couple that noise with the QRN that develops on that freq.  not nice.

merv K9FD/KH6

<On the other end of things, what are folks using as exciters?

<73, Roger
W7TZ
CN83ia
Grid Busters
w7tz.webs.com

##  what about dedicated RX ants...are they used at all ?  Or do folks
just use their  thrown together TX ants.... on RX ?   The noise must be
wicked down there.

Jim VE7RF