Re: [Amps] Plate Choke Issue

To: "MU 4CX250B" <4cx250b@miamioh.edu>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Plate Choke Issue
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2018 11:33:02 -0800
##  It takes 9 kv to jump  .25 inch.   And  15 kv to jump  .5 inch.
His  3650 vdc is not going to jump very far, something is resonant,
or a parasitic etc.   Still,  27 /  31.8 uh,  IMO is not enough uh for
use on 20M band.     50 uh always works.... and 1st series resonance is
35 mhz.   Something is amiss,  but he did have it fully functional on
160-10m.   Something has changed, somewhere, and creating issues.

Jim  VE7RF

-----Original Message----- From: MU 4CX250B