[Amps] Commander HF2500 Filter Caps Replacement

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Commander HF2500 Filter Caps Replacement
From: Jay Sturtevant <k2ztdx@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2018 18:33:06 -0500
Hello,

Thanks for all of the advice and info!

After considering all of your comments and suggestions, I've decided to
have a pro replace the filter caps. I severely injured my right hand in a
2014 accident, and even after surgery, I have limited fine motor skill in
that hand.

While researching this "project", I think I found a downturn in the
lifespan and quality of today's available electrolytic capacitors. Am I
correct? Solutions?

I use the Commander HF2500 for contesting and occasional DX. As I
mentioned, it seems to be "up to spec" with regards to plate voltage and
power out- - loaded and standby, however, the amp is 22 years old.

Jay, K2ZT