Re: [Amps] Big HV Supply

To: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Big HV Supply
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.qozzy.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2018 10:44:54 -0400
The LK-550 runs three 3-500's and cooling would likely limit power as it is a fan. Ive had them up to 2200W or so with 150W drive....nothing to brag about tho!

Ive built several LK-800's for 6M EME that do a solid 5 out without complaining and going to a good EBM fan.

On HF I dont know how well the bandswitch will hold up over time and the fixec C used needs beefing up.

Another thing I dont know is tube life at that power but money isnt important to some.

BTW what is a full output YC-156 going for these days? It came from Tom, WD8??? ages ago. Also have a filament xfmr and one of those UK sockets all set up for good air flow. I'll never get around to building another amp and dont need QRO here.

Carl

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>