Re: [Amps] KPA1500 in QSK mode

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] KPA1500 in QSK mode
From: Larry Dighera <LDighera@att.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2018 10:44:04 -0700
Hello Bob,

I've been considering replacing my Alpha 87A
<http://kj6yvt.com/amplifier.htm> with an Elecraft KPA1500 too.  The
instant-on feature solid-state amplifiers offer is attractive to a
fellow who hates to wait, and the 6 meter support and built-in antenna
tuner are what have lead me to this.  The KPA1500's $5,995.00 price
tag is about double what I paid for my used 87A, and my 87A is
integrated with the Alpha DAS antenna selector relay control box, so
I'm still on the fence.

Thank you for posting the Alpha 87A memory dump procedure
<https://www.kkn.net/~n6tv/Alpha_87A_Memory_Dump.pdf>.  That is
something all 87A owners will appreciate.

And I very much enjoyed your extensive 2018 Visalia International DX
Convention photo album <https://bit.ly/Visalia2018>.

Best regards,
Larry Dighera
WB6BBB