Re: [Amps] Flex Power Genius XL 2KW amplifier

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Flex Power Genius XL 2KW amplifier
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2018 13:02:39 -0400
>"Jim's idea of ripping fast reed relay for input and Vacuum relay for output
>has some merit. Coming up with 26.5V will be an issue. The control system runs
>on 12V. Might be able to get it from the 50V supply"

Although 12V vacuum relays are available, W8ZR came up with an elegant solution
that I hijacked for use in my S-QSK controller.   A 12V muRata DC-DC converter
is bootstrapped to the 12V power supply to provide +24V, which is adequate for
the 26V versions of the RJ1/HC1/GH1 vacuum relays.   The maximum input to the
12V converter is +13.5V.  A +13.5V supply voltage strapped to the +12V
regulated converter should yield +25.5V.

https://www.mouser.com/ds/2/281/KDC_MEE3C.A01-202925.pdf

Paul, W9AC