Re: [Amps] stuff forsale!

To: Jim Thomson <jim.thom@telus.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] stuff forsale!
From: Jim W7RY <jimw7ry@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2018 22:09:48 -0500
A yc-156 is hardly a compact tube. Why does size matter?

STAY AWAY from using toridal inductors for tank circuits. Unless its just
for the L coil in a PI-L.

Use good ole wire wound coil. #10 or 12 is more that large enough on 160
meters. I use #14 for the 160 meter coil added to my 8877 amplifier. More
that large enough, even for high duty cycle.

73
Jim W7RY