Re: [Amps] Super Cathode Driven Tetrodes

To: "Fuqua, William" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>, "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Super Cathode Driven Tetrodes
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.qozzy.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2018 20:37:10 -0400

----- Original Message ----- From: Fuqua, William
To: Carl ; Jim Thomson ; amps@contesting.com

Ok,
Now that this discussion has gone on for some time, and everyone has had a opportunity to read various articles, here is the question. Can anyone give me a reason why a cathode driven tetrode with the control grid connected directly to the cathode be unstable. The screen grid is connected directly to ground. Lot mu grounded grid configuration.

73
Bill wa4lav

I believe I already answered that days ago....poor construction...layout....shielding.....component choices...etc.
Hammy Hambone at his best.

Carl

---
https://www.avg.com