[Amps] SB-220 low output on 10 was: SB-220 input problem

To: Jim <jimw7ry@gmail.com>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] SB-220 low output on 10 was: SB-220 input problem
From: N4ZR <n4zr@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2018 17:04:04 -0500
I'll be ... I don't understand why, but putting 8-10 feet of RG-8X between the K3 and the amp brought the input SWR down to ~1.5:1.  I'd love to know how come.  Power output is still quite low (~600W.)

Could be these 30-year-old 3-500Zs are finally wearing out.  Does that normally show up on higher bands first?

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.