Re: [Amps] SSR in amp PS not working as expected

To: Ulf Tjerneld <ulf@sm0nor.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SSR in amp PS not working as expected
From: MU 4CX250B <4cx250b@miamioh.edu>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2019 19:17:21 -0800
Ulf, I'm currently using SSRs to control the 240VAC primaries in two
large HV power supplies (one on each leg of the 240V mains) and one to
switch 120VAC to my operating table. I also use one as the main power
relay for an old Drake L4B (to take the strain off the power switch).
No special precautions on any of them, except I try to have the rated
voltage and load current rating to be roughly twice the needed voltage
and current load, and I use transient suppressors on the mains.  I
also heat sink the relays to the chassis and use thermal grease. I've
never had any problems with any of them.
73,
Jim w8zr

Sent from my iPhone