Re: [Amps] Different versions of 3-500 tubes in amp

To: amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Different versions of 3-500 tubes in amp
From: Ron Youvan <ka4inm@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 08:42:02 -0500
On 1/22/19 20:54, Warren KD5YPH Volz wrote:

I've decided one of the two tubes in my SB-220 is weak and I'd like to
get a replacement. Right now both are original Eimac tubes with the
non-graphite anode but I see most replacements are graphite. Will there
be any issue running tubes with different anodes in this amp?

  I think the nature of the anodes is of minor interest, but the
difference between the emission of a new tube and an old tube is a concern. The new tube should hog the current and make you think the
remaining old tube is also bad.

  I think another used tube or a pair of new tubes is in order.
--
  Ron  KA4INM - Youvan's corollary:
                Every action results in unwanted side effects.