Re: [Amps] SS Amps are expensive...why?

To: Richard Solomon <dickw1ksz@gmail.com>, Amps Reflector <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SS Amps are expensive...why?
From: Bill Steffey <ny9h@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2019 17:22:59 -0500
heard a great loud signal on 20 a few weeks ago,,,, crystal clear ... but there was sizzling 10kc down the band....
the scope on the k3 showed it ,  did not appear big, but I could hear it..
moved to the 7800 and it was indeed there ,,,, still sizziling....
it was Italian ...I did not remember what power he was running,,,,
. maybe he was hitting it too hard???
maybe his amp needed another device to get into the linear region ???

I am no engineer...    " but that's just wrong"

""""It looks like you are buying a
board without the LDMOS.
No Control Circuitry
No output filters"""""

not really, that amp has all the stuff, all the filters, the 2 LDMOS rf pallet is even all tested and biased up. The controller is installed. You do need to solder some teflon cables. And install some fans and a rasberry pi. tough stuff.

""