Re: [Amps] Nylon in RF Tank Circuits

To: MU 4CX250B <4cx250b@miamioh.edu>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Nylon in RF Tank Circuits
From: kennedyjp <kennedyjp@cableone.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 06:08:11 -0600
I have not heard that caution but have experienced the same effect. Pair of
4cx250's in a 2m amp with a horseshoe tank. Melted the solid nylon shaft that
tuned the plate cap. Home brew of course.JimW7OUU Sent via the Samsung Galaxy
S9+, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: MU 4CX250B <4cx250b@miamioh.edu> Date:
6/7/19  16:52  (GMT-07:00) To: amps@contesting.com Subject: [Amps] Nylon in RF
Tank Circuits For decades I’ve avoided using nylon hardware in the vicinity of
an RFtank circuit because I believed nylon was prone to absorbing RF
andburning. I don’t know how or when I came to learn this information,but now
I’m wondering if I’m wrong. Normally I use  brass hardware.Had anyone else
heard this caution?Tnx,Jim W8ZRSent from my