Re: [Amps] 3-500Z not lit

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3-500Z not lit
From: Victor Rosenthal 4X6GP <k2vco.vic@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2019 19:48:56 +0300
I have swapped the grid clips with the filament clips. The grid clips, since they haven't heated up, are often in better shape. Usually the former filament clips still work OK on the grid pins, if you squeeze them a bit.

If you find some old sockets at a hamfest, you can take any undamaged clips off of them, too.

The liquid silver cleaner that is designed for dipping takes all that black silver sulfide (I don't think it's oxide) off real quick.

I put a more powerful fan in my TL922 to keep it cooler.

73,
Victor, 4X6GP
Rehovot, Israel
Formerly K2VCO