[Amps] 3-500Z not lit

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] 3-500Z not lit
From: Joe via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2019 19:41:09 +0000 (UTC)
Quite a while back, when I had a Henry 3K with a pair of 3-500Z tubes, I had a
similar situation.I subsequently traced the problem to the SOLDER running OUT
of one of the tube pins..... The socket/Pins of/for the 3-500Z overheated
enough to melt the solder from one of the tubes...I reapplied solder to the pin
and the tube performed well for many years after that...   IF you have a fan
available, you might want to direct some cooler air to the tube socket(s)….
Good Luck
73
Joe  K5KT