[Amps] Henry 2006A six meter amp

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Henry 2006A six meter amp
From: Larry Carpenter <aa4vi@outlook.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 05:06:43 +0000
Can anyone tell me if I can use my Henry 2006A six meter amp on SSB in the FM
or low power setting? The manual does not cover this. The manual suggests
tuning for maximum power in the FM position and then switching to SSB. I would
like to use the amp at times on low power for SSB. Is there any reason this
cannot be done safely. This amplifier uses a single 3CX800A7. I have not had
the amp on the air because of a defective PA tube. I have replaced the tube and
everything checks out ok. I just did not want to operate the amp in a manner it
was not designed for. Thanks, AA4VI