Re: [Amps] Fwd: Re: Modern rig amplifier keying

To: "Bob Wilson, N6TV" <n6tv@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Fwd: Re: Modern rig amplifier keying
From: Stan Gammons <s_gammons@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2019 16:09:15 -0500
Hi Bob,

Thanks. That was one of the last pieces to this conversion that I've taken forever to finish. Still undecided on how I want to do the tuned input circuits. The amp is actually an in between model. It's labeled a Clipperton-L, but it's actually a Cliiperton QRO. It has the center tapped filament and the tubes sockets and tuned inputs are on a PCB that mounts vertically to the divider panel. I thought about just copying the existing PCB portion that has the tuned inputs and re-using the existing parts.  I also thought about building new tuned inputs with adjustable coils. That would require a little more work though. Maybe I'll get this project done before I become an SK.

Yeah, when I looked at the specs for the TS-590SG, it led me to believe 10 ma using the RL pin was all it would switch.  Thanks for sharing the info on mechanical relay!

73

Stan
KM4HQE