Re: [Amps] Henry 3K-A choke failure...workaround?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Henry 3K-A choke failure...workaround?
From: donroden@hiwaay.net
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2019 17:24:49 -0500

P--------mmmmmmmm--------G   ??

Don W4DNR

Quoting Jim <jimw7ry@gmail.com>:

Can you please draw me a diagram of the*plate choke *in the ground lead please?

Thanks
73
Jim W7RY

On 9/26/2019 9:59 PM, Ron wrote:
  Jeff wa1hco millar wrote:

Hello wise ones...

Bought a nice 3K-A at a flea market and made one SSB contact.  On the
second contact it tripped off on HV overcurrent.  After some debugging, the
Plate choke is leaky to ground at HV but open with an Ohm meter.
Can I just put the choke up on insulated standoffs?

Any other suggestions?

  It is a pleasure to be helpful.

  The CURE is to put it in the ground side of the circuit, typically
where the rectifier or the grounded side of the transformer goes to
ground.