Re: [Amps] Henry 3K-A choke failure...workaround?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Henry 3K-A choke failure...workaround?
From: Martin Sole <hs0zed@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2019 09:27:39 +0700
If the amp was stored in damp conditions it is possible that moisture may be the culprit. You could try baking the choke in a low oven for a good period of time (?). That would be sure to expel any moisture. Failing that and with a rewind or replacement not possible then insulating it well from ground might be a reasonable work around. I would however be sure to label clearly inside the psu compartment what you have done. You might well remember but who knows where it ends up in the future. I have a friend who did that with the plate transformer in a Henry and it worked well.

You can use paxolin, perspex, pretty much anything you can get I guess but do label it!

73
Martin, HS0ZED