Re: [Amps] FW: Rookie question: TT Centurion amp

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] FW: Rookie question: TT Centurion amp
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2019 21:07:08 -0800
On 12/12/2019 11:33 PM, Alek Petkovic wrote:
In my experience, different amps play differently on these bands. For example, one amp will do 12m better in the 10m position, whereas with the other, it plays better when set to 15m.

Yes. Of the three Titans I've owned, they worked a bit differently on the WARC bands. They were introduced before we got those bands, and the earliest chassis I have doesn't work at all on 30M.

In general, use 40M for 30M, 20 or 15 for 17, 10M for 12M (but try 12M on the 15M position). When feeling your way through it, simply reduce the drive power to see where it can tune, then increase drive, watching grid current. That's for triodes; don't know what's in the Centurion.

73, Jim K9YC