Re: [Amps] SB-220 flash over in power supply

To: "Dave G. ve9cb@rac.ca" <ve9cb@rac.ca>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-220 flash over in power supply
From: Thomas Walsh <w2co@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2019 07:20:55 -0700
Use a grid dip meter and make sure the plate choke is not
resonant in circuit with tubes in place on the freq. you want
to operate on. Actually whenever you change the plate choke
this should be done because it is unknown resonances.

The other thing to check is the filter capacitor equalizing
resistors to make sure none are open. That would cause
much higher voltages on those caps..
de W2CO

TW @
A.R.S. W2CO