Re: [Amps] 3CX3000A7 on 144 MHz

To: amps@contesting.com, amps@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3CX3000A7 on 144 MHz
From: Jim <jimw7ry@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2020 06:48:10 -0600
Sorry... A files AREA on amps.io.

Thanks
73
Jim W7RY

On 2/9/2020 6:46 AM, Jim wrote:
There is a files are on the amps group on groups.io

amps@groups.io

Thanks
73
Jim W7RY
On 2/8/2020 6:55 PM, Conrad PA5Y wrote:
There are several 3CX3000A7s in use on 144 MHz in EU and they are all
different. They range from 1/2wl striplines or 1/2wl tube over the anode like
the RX1AS GS35B design to a clone of the W6PO but with a PTFE sandwich on top
of the anode line instead of CRL blocking caps. The most compact that I have
seen uses a variant of the G8RWB YC156 2m anode line design with a PTFE
sandwich. The input is pretty much the same as the W6PO 8877 design on all of
them.

BTW the YC156 goes well on 2m. Depending on heater transformer availability I
may use a YC156. Still undecided.

When I have time I will get permission from the owners of the amplifiers and
maybe put a page up

Regards

Conrad PA5Y