Re: [Amps] How to Bypass TR circuitry in Alpha 86

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] How to Bypass TR circuitry in Alpha 86
From: Mark - N5OT <r-emails@n5ot.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2020 10:49:29 -0600
I think you guys are discussing something unrelated to my inquiry.

73 - Mark N5OT

On 2/14/2020 8:14 AM, Jim Thomson wrote:
<The biggest stations run (at least) two radios on each band, one "running" (calling
CQ) and the other in S&P mode (tuning up and down the band for <multiplers).
<http://k9yc.com/Multi-Station.pdf provides an overview of all of the
mechanisms that can couple RF between stations.
<73, Jim K9YC ##  I read  the  pdf.   Mark  is  referring  to  FULL  DUPLEX...with
 TX  and  RX,  simultaneously..on  the  SAME  freq.Per  your PDF,  that  would
require  2 x yagis,  several  hundred  feet  apart,  with  booms  parallel to  each
other.  That  only  would  work In  2 x directions.  Ditto  with  perhaps 2 x dipoles
 end  to  end...and  several  Hundred  feet  apart.BP  filters,  stubs  etc,  dont
enter  into  the  equation.   What  about  all  the other  directions ?? ##  what  if
 a single  vertical  is  used  on...  say  160/80/40m ...and  a  2nd  vertical /
dipole  for  RX??   I  find  the  concept  of  full duplex on  <5  acres, really
hard  to  believe. The signal  intensity on  ground  wave  for  verts  is intense.
##  when  I  was a commercial  radio  op  back  In  1974,  the  TX  +  RX  ants  were
 10  miles  apart,  hence  full  duplex  on 400-500  khz cw.    ##  Buddy  of  mine
was  75m  mobile...coming  over  to my   home.  I  just  about  did  In  th
   front  end  of  his  poor  Icom.I  shut  it  all  down,  asap, when  he  was
 1400 feet  down  the  street. ##  older  ham,  across the  street  from  my
folks  home,  back  In  the  70s,  would  know  asap  when  I was  on  the
air.  Hiswatt meters,  rf  ammeters,  you  name it,  would  dance  up  +
down...with  all his  gear  shut  off. Jim  VE7RF