[Amps] Kilovac relay in MFJ 2020 catalog

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Kilovac relay in MFJ 2020 catalog
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2020 07:09:29 -0800
Page 76   in  the  2020  MFJ  catalog.

A. 408-8100, $19.95.    Kilovac S05FJA238, DPST-NO, contact form 2A.  5kV
rating between contacts, current is 10A DC or 5A RF, 12 VDC coil voltage and
500 Ohm coil resistance.

##  Has  anybody  used  this  relay b4,  for  any  application ?   I  was
going  to  use one (with  contacts  in  parallel),  to shunt  the  100K
resistor in  the  CT,  when  on  TX.  (Bias  cut  off  resistor  on a  GG
triode).   $19.95  is  cheap  for a new  vac  relay.   It  only  has  to
handle cathode  current.  (sum  of grid +  plate  current).  I  want  it  FAST.

##  I  have a small  ceramic  jennings spst-no,  3.6kv @ 10A  I  was  going  to
 use  for the  same  application,  but alas,  I  can't  find  it  in my
myriad  of  shelves +  boxes.

Jim  VE7RF