Re: [Amps] World's worst coax connectors

To: vk6jx@bigpond.net.au, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] World's worst coax connectors
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2023 11:17:19 -0700
On 4/24/2023 2:28 AM, vk6jx@bigpond.net.au wrote:
Sorry Jim - you've lost me. I'm very happy for you that you got to engineer
Tony Bennett's audio live, but can you try again to tell me if you agree
with me or not ? What I described is what is happening all over the known
world, as we follow US practice over here as all our refineries were US
companies to start with (Worsley Alumina now owned by BHP and Alcoa Alumina)
- with Kaiser Engineers in the driving seat !

I cited Bennett because the dynamic range of a performance like his is at least 30 dB greater than that of a rock band, making noise pickup on quieter instruments like violins, violas, celli, and harp far more significant than a comparable number of mics on a rock band. I have no comment on the methods employed in your industry, but the fact that they work for you does not mean that they are good practice in pro audio. The applications are very different.

73, Jim K9YC