Re: [Antennaware] Modelling transmission lines.

To: antennaware@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] Modelling transmission lines.
From: 4nec2@gmx.net
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 09:56:43 +0100 (MET)
> Have to agreeably disagree with Guy on this one. EZNEC does NOT like
> closely spaced lines according to the documentation, and segmentation
> on a 1" line at 160 meters would just not be reliable.
>
> One of the big problems with the NEC-2 engine, and I wish I had the
> answer.

For 40 meters and upwards, you can easily model balanced feeders as 2
parallel wires. (e.q. see tltest.nec as example in the 4nec2 package). If
you are not interested in additional losses of pattern influence resulting
from the feedline, but just in input impedance you can use the TL card
without problems.

Arie Voors.

--
(Please ignore the advertisements below.)

SMS bei wichtigen e-mails und Ihre Gedanken sind frei ...
Alle Infos zur SMS-Benachrichtigung: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/sms