Re: [Antennaware] Low RF Output on Butternut Vertical Help???

To: "K9AY" <k9ay@k9ay.com>, OTAKEBI@aol.com,antennaware@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] Low RF Output on Butternut Vertical Help???
From: "kevin milhorn" <n4km@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 22:38:23 -0700
Dan,
I think Gary hit the nail on the head. The higher power that you are seeing
is actually due to the meter also seeing the reflected power and not just
the forward power. A lot of times with a higher SWR you will see a higher
forward reading, because the meter is actually seeing some of the power
twice, as forward power and then also what is reflected. If the antenna is
a better match, it might actually indicate less forward power. I would bet
that all is fine with your system.
73,
Kevin N4KM

Butternut