Re: [Antennaware] Ideas?

To: antennaware@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] Ideas?
From: Bob Nielsen <n7xy@clearwire.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 11:10:39 -0800
MFJ has a 80/40/20 vertical.  The 40 and 20 meter portions are in
parallel (80 uses a coil and top loading at the end of the 40 meter
section.  I don't have any information regarding performance or
interaction.

Another possibility would be a Cushcraft R8 or Hy-Gain AV640, both of
which cover 40-6 meters).  I have had a AV640 up for the past 7 years
and have been satisfied with the performance (i.e., it won't compete
with yagis on  tall towers, but exceeds my expectations).

73, Bob N7XY