[Antennaware] vertical with metal roof as groundplane

To: <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: [Antennaware] vertical with metal roof as groundplane
From: George Warnock <george_warnock@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 11:27:04 +0000
Hello folks...am preparing the ground to build a workshop, when completed it
will be 40 foot long by 30 foot wide, there will be a box profile tin roof, the
pitch of the roof will be approx 20 degrees.There will be a metal truss in the
centre of the roof to support metal purlins and then the roof its self....to me
this sounds like a likely candiate to support a "support" for a 40m  vert
antenna and use the tin roof for a groundplane.I would be interested in what
you folks think of the idea, and perhaps some one could see perhaps a way of
taking even more advantage of the situation...am thinking along the lines of
phased verticals perhaps with additional ground wires or antenna for 80m or
40/80....the only down side I can see is there is a tower about 50 feet from
where the shed is going to be so that may have some interaction...the
"mechanics" of bonding the individual sheets of tin together to form a ground
plane will be taken care of during the build..

reguards george

        gi0vgl...