Re: [Antennaware] vertical with metal roof as groundplane

To: "Guy Olinger, K2AV" <olinger@bellsouth.net>, "George Warnock" <george_warnock@hotmail.com>, <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] vertical with metal roof as groundplane
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 06:18:53 -0500
I had decent performance from a Butternut 9-band vertical installed on a
metal roof.  Because I was skeptical about the connections between sheets,
I connected a couple of 100-foot wires to the radial terminal and snaked
them over the roof to couple to each sheet.  Don't know how goos the theory
is but it seemed to work.

73, Pete N4ZR