Re: [Antennaware] Dual output K9AY

To: "Andy Ikin" <andrew.ikin@btopenworld.com>,<antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] Dual output K9AY
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 05:59:17 -0400
Thanks for the quick reply, Andy.  I am no theoretician, but I recall
a discussion of the K9AY loop in which one well-qualified engineer
asserted that it could/should be viewed as a close-spaced array of
two short near-verticals, phased by the wire between them.  If this
is in fact the mode of operation, then feeding each "vertical"
separately, while retaining the top connection between them, seems
like a real muddle from the standpoint of phasing.  Modeling two
side-by-side loops also wouldn't really be faithful to the real-world
antenna, would it?

73, Pete