[Antennaware] AV-640 Issues

To: <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: [Antennaware] AV-640 Issues
From: "Art Trampler" <atrampler@att.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 22:56:46 -0500
Tom Stone of Hy-Gain wrote me that it did not sound like a heating problem
to him; he was thinking moisture in the LMR400 (a nightmare I considered) or
the matching unit; or, he said, a bad solder joint on the 40 meter coil.

I was sure I?d tested this on 20?but heck, haven?t been on 20 in a year?so I
called CQ for 15 minutes at 1.5KW out?the SWR did not budge.  These were
back-to-back (dead band) calls at 24 WPM; I know on 40 I?d have had trouble
already.

Maybe it?s fixed?will drop it down.

73, and thanks for the schooling,

Art