couple of points

Subject: couple of points
From: oo7@astro.as.utexas.edu (Derek Wills)
Date: Tue Nov 10 17:13:49 1992
  Can anyone explain to me why you get 2 points per QSO in the SS?   Why
  not 7 points or 45? - i.e. why not just one?  It makes some sense to have
  different points for cw and ssb QSOs in FD QSOs, different points for QSOs
  with your own and other continents in CQWW, etc., but it isn't obvious to
  me why this happens in SS.   There's probably some historical significance,
  and changing the rules at this point might make it confusing when comparing
  top scores in different years, but I'm sure we could handle that.

  Second, it would sure be nice if stations in SS were required to sign e.g.
  /7 if they are in W7 but their home call doesn't indicate that.  If you are
  looking for the Utah mult, you would call K6XO/7, but most people wouldn't
  think of calling N8RR for the Louisiana mult.  I believe this is actually
  required in CQWW if you are in a different zone from the one indicated by
  your call (I suppose it saves people from actually having to listen to the
  exchange...).   The only people who might object are those with a 7 in their
  call who are operating from somewhere more populated, and calling CQ all
  weekend, when it takes another second or so to add the /7 or whatever.

  Derek AA5BT

  (the subject line wasn't meant to be a pun on the topic of the first
  paragraph above, these things just happen...)