Voice keyers in the SS.

Subject: Voice keyers in the SS.
From: larryt@ateq.com (Larry Tyree x 7210)
Date: Mon Nov 30 10:22:33 1992
I couldn't agree more with George about the garbage heard during the SS SSB.
This is not a step forward, more like a step into the CB band.  I was just
fooling around searching and pouncing during the phone SS and I made it a ]
point not to call someone who wasn't "live".

Another frustrating thing happened to me.  Am I the only one who thinks it is
wrong and not in the spirit of the rules to send NN as a RST?  I don't like
ENN for 5NN, but I won't argue with that, but I think the line needs to be
drawn at NN!!!  It seems the station who was doing it thinks I am crazy for
suggesting that he was not really sending a RST.  Please write your opinions
as I would like to understand where I am in relation to everyone else on this
subject.

Finally after listening to HC8N on 80 meters running Europe and saying
"EU" after every callsign and then having one of his friends work him
anyway was enough to make me scream!!  I did never work HC8N on 80 and I
was single band 80.  Maybe I should of called him anyway since I am a friend
as well?  Well, I didn't because I figured I would get another shot at him
later, but never did.  Oh well.  Nice guys finish last.

Larry "TREE" Tyree  N6TR          _.  _....  _  ._.  _.._.  __...
islabs!ateq!larryt@sequent.com
work (503) 526-7210      home (503) 658-6012      fax (503) 526-7202

My views are not those of General Motors, IBM, HP or most other sane people.