Voice keyers in the SS.

Subject: Voice keyers in the SS.
From: rhealy@arrl.org (Rus Healy NJ2L)
Date: Mon Nov 30 14:41:12 1992
>Another frustrating thing happened to me.  Am I the only one who thinks it is
>wrong and not in the spirit of the rules to send NN as a RST?  I don't like
>ENN for 5NN, but I won't argue with that, but I think the line needs to be
>drawn at NN!!!  It seems the station who was doing it thinks I am crazy for
>suggesting that he was not really sending a RST.  Please write your opinions
>as I would like to understand where I am in relation to everyone else on this
>subject.

I agree with you, Tree. I think that where an RST is called for in
a report, each operator should send some commonly recognized Morse
character to represent it (whether it's 5-9-9, E-N-N, or whatever).
This is almost as bad as people answering with only two letters of
their call signs! (That's worse, of course, because it's illegal.)

--73, Rus, NJ2L