24 Hour

Subject: 24 Hour
From: OOPDAVID@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu (D.RODMAN)
Date: Tue Mar 2 06:54:08 1993
Chris, KU4A, finally said what has been tempting me all the time.
We want more activity, not less.  24 hr participants are like me: we
work 6 or 7 days a week, have families, have wives and have a life
outside of radio.  If you are not lucky enough to have a large
contest station nearby where you can go to work a shift, then you
really never can participate fully.  Since it is routine for me to
work, as a physician, 30 or 40 days in a row without a day off, the idea
of 24 hr category is a great idea.  Placing the starting period at 0000
utc for tests that start then gives a two day alternative for your
activity.  Then if you have to work, or something comes up, you still have
a score, that reflects your activity much more realistically that our
present system.  Lets give the major tests a call Trey and talk to the
directors?
Dave.