Headphones

Subject: Headphones
From: k3lr@telerama.pgh.pa.us (k3lr)
Date: Fri Mar 19 22:01:40 1993
WR3G and I have been using the JRC model ST-3 headphones for the past
year.  We discovered them during a visit to KN8Z's station.  They get
high marks in every respect. Light weight, full ear coverage, great
sounding ear speakers and they can be converted to 8 ohms (4 ohms when
left and right sides are in mono mode).  The Heil mic system can be
mounted on the left ear in 10 mins.
I am VERY concerned about comfort, and these are the best I've ever
used.
When I operate the SweepStakes CW contest the headphones go on at 2030
Zulu and they don't come off until 0930, some 13 non-stop hours later.
Yep, I never leave the chair...
They are priced at about $75.00.  Total headset price with a mic is
about $130.00.
73,
Tim K3LR