phone sprint scores

Subject: phone sprint scores
From: george554@austin.relay.ucm.org (george554@austin.relay.ucm.org)
Date: Wed Sep 22 00:03:02 1993

keep them scores coming
george fremin
wb5vzl
george554@austin.relay.ucm.org

>From Ward Silver <hwardsil@seattleu.edu>  Wed Sep 22 05:30:38 1993
From: Ward Silver <hwardsil@seattleu.edu> (Ward Silver)
Subject: two-freqs

de Ward, N0AX
Ummmm, seems to me that the founding fathers of Sprint said "no limits on the
operator"...but there's always room for discussion.  I don't think two signals
at once should be allowed.  And the rule about moving 5kHz before soliciting
QSOs (either now or "in a minute") is pretty clear...don't!  CQ-ing on two
frequencies, alternating back and forth, complies pretty clearly with both the
letter and the spirit.  If I call CQ with my 100w on 40 'til I'm blue in the
face and give up...then move to the other side of the Big Noise and repeat the
same...then go back to spot 1 and feebly call again...am I in violation of the
proposed rule?  Seems like the rule would have to be written with so many con-
ditions and modifiers that it would immediately spawn 10x more loopholes than
the one it takes on.  My theory is that the Big Guns have gotten SO big and SO
fast that they run out of activity sooner than ever before, resulting in ever
more clever techniques to extract Q's.  Let's get more folks on, folks!

A measly 163 x 48 for 100w on phone...I'll use the name RoadKill next time!
;-)