WPX

Subject: WPX
From: km9p@aol.com (km9p@aol.com)
Date: Wed Dec 29 17:53:53 1993
>Wouldn't you say almost every DX contest is an East Coast/Europe QSO Party?
>Not sure anything could/should be done about that.

>Scott, KA9FOX
>KA9FOX@aol.com

I would disagree.  I would say for the most part there are very few efforts
from the west coast.  Last year WN4KKN was 2nd place in WPX Phone.  He beat
alot of east coast stations.  Same can be said for KI3V/7 in ARRL 2 years
ago.  He won S/O Assisted.  Let's face it, you can't win if don't try!  My
hats off to AA6TT, K0RF, N2IC, W0UA, W0UN and all of the other guys in Colo.
who are in their doing it every contest no matter what!

I agree that ARRL & CQWW are not west coastable contests, but IARU & WPX are
DX contests that can be won from anywhere in the country at some point in the
sunspot cycle.

Adios

KM9P, Bill
KM9P@AOL.COM