CT, NA, and the Icom IC-761

Subject: CT, NA, and the Icom IC-761
From: sawyer@twg.com (sawyer@twg.com)
Date: Tue Jan 4 22:25:52 1994
I have both CT and NA working just fine with my 761, and have never had
any problems doing it.  I have to TTL/232 interfaces, one I built using
the MAX232 (from QST last January) and one using separate line drivers/
line receivers, plus a 555-based -9V power supply.  I should mention,
though, that I've never been able to get either CT or NA to talk to the
rig over COM3 or COM4--I have to use COM 1 or COM2.  I know my 3 and 4
ports are working fine, but even version 8 of CT seems to balk at it.
I've tried using those ports for the TNC connection, and what's curious
is that keyboard input goes through to the TNC just fine, but I cant
receive any output from the TNC.  So when contest time rolls around I just
disconnect my mouse (also only good on COM1 or COM2, courtesy of half-
baked drivers) and hook up the line for computer control of the rig.
                                         Bruce, AA6KX