Grid Squares in HF Contesting

Subject: Grid Squares in HF Contesting
From: aa2du@netcom.com (aa2du@netcom.com)
Date: Sun Jul 31 23:21:21 1994
Actually Walt, I do hold the office of Vice President of the Yankee Clipper
Contest Club, but

that dosen't change my views about attending 2 meetings a year. Otherwise you
don't really have

a club, do you? If you want to join a team for Sprints, that is a different
animal altogether,

but that's not a club.

Gee, videoconferencing for club meetings...that sounds like a good idea. But
you still need to

"attend" 2 conferences a year. However, there are those among us who resist
submitting logs

electronically...wonder what the response will be to electronic club "meetings"?

>JP writes:
>
>>There is more to contesting than turning in a score for your affiliation.
>>Part of the allure for me is the social aspect of meeting with and talking
>>to my fellow contester at club meetings.
>
>The allure is still there. Don't tell me you operate contests to win a
>popularity contest in your club. JP, are you running for office?
>
>>It is a great way to learn new things and exchange ideas.
>
>Have you ever heard of teleconfrencing or videoconferencing. You don't have to
>be there to participate in an exchange of ideas.

J.P. Kleinhaus, AA2DU
ARRL Hudson Division C.A.C. Representative
E-mail:  aa2du@netcom.com
             aa2du@aa2du.slip.netcom.com
             kleinhaj@iia.org
Compu$erve:  74660,2606