packet & WRTC teams

Subject: packet & WRTC teams
From: ERIC.L.SCACE@adn.sprint.com (ERIC.L.SCACE@adn.sprint.com)
Date: Mon Aug 15 16:51:13 1994
   A few questions have been raised about the logic of allowing WRTC-95
competitors to use packet spots.

   It should be noted that the WRTC-95 competitors are two-man teams,
operating in the MULTI-SINGLE class (not single op) of the IARU contest.
Since the use of spotting networks is specifically allowed in M-S, and is a
normal part of M-S competition in the mid-Atlantic region, the decision to
make packet network available seemed reasonable to the Administration.

-- Eric K3NA

>From fish@crl.com (Bill Fisher, KM9P  Concentric Systems, Inc.)  Mon Aug 15
>22:49:33 1994
>   A few questions have been raised about the logic of allowing WRTC-95
>competitors to use packet spots.
>
>   It should be noted that the WRTC-95 competitors are two-man teams,
>operating in the MULTI-SINGLE class (not single op) of the IARU contest.
>Since the use of spotting networks is specifically allowed in M-S, and is a
>normal part of M-S competition in the mid-Atlantic region, the decision to
>make packet network available seemed reasonable to the Administration.
>
>-- Eric K3NA

The WRTC teams will be a TOTALLY seperate category.  They won't be competing
with the M/S guys in IARU.  Since we are trying to find out who are the best
operators, it makes sense not to allow packet for WRTC competitors.

I have received quite a few personal messages that have agreed with this point.
---
Bill Fisher, KM9P
Concentric Systems, Inc.  (CSI)
404-442-5821  Fax 404-667-1975