SURGE PROTECTORS/AG6K

Subject: SURGE PROTECTORS/AG6K
From: bill.lumnitzer@paonline.com (bill.lumnitzer@paonline.com)
Date: Tue Sep 6 16:38:59 1994

 N4> Did you ever get an answer?

 N4> 73, Pete
 N4> N4ZR@netcom.com

1.  Surge protectors: Got a couple of terse replies agreeing that the
surge protectors should be installed before the main breakers, but I
continue to see other recommendations mentioned here (at transformer,
in meter etc.). Guess I'll go with what I've got and stay tuned...

2.  AG6K Mods: Most all responses praised Richs' work and heartily
recommended his mods. No direct responses received from bona fide amp
Gurus though, but K8RA reportedly likes 'em. By the way, Rich advised
me to rip out the neutralization circuit in my AL-1200 since he doesn't
believe a triode can be neutralized. Also if the 3CX1200A7 is stable,
why did Eimac come out with the 'D7 and 'Z7 versions, each with progessively
reduced interelectrode capacitance, Hmmm?

73 de Bill, N6CQ/3  (n6cq@paonline.com)