Tragically Unskilled/125

Subject: Tragically Unskilled/125
From: AA4NC@aol.com (AA4NC@aol.com)
Date: Tue Sep 6 17:03:01 1994
I had the misfortune of running across one of the /125 operators that AC1O
dubbed as "tragically unskilled". This particular SM was on 20 m SSB calling
CQ with no answers. I dumped my call in first once, waiting, and again a
second time with no reply. He was very loud, so I checked to make sure I was
on the proper antenna, etc. and gave hime a third call (no, I wasn't using
only the last two letters!!). He then informed me that I was calling out of
turn, as he was WORKING BY CALL AREAS, and he was listening only for 6's now.
He called CQ 6's again, with no takers, and I asked if he would work me since
no others were calling (I wanted to be a good little ARRLer and get my
25...). He said that I would just have to stand by and wait until he got back
around to the fourth call area "to be fair to everyone"!! Meanwhile, I leave
him calling CQ 6's only. In the meantime, K6LL is 10khz away and has worked
30 stations in the time it took this clown to work zero.(I'm not a contester
but I play one on the radio). Kinda makes me yearn for Field Day :):) Gotta
go, there's a PY on the DX net - NOVEMBER CHARLIE, NOVEMBER CHARLIE...
73, have fun - AA4NC/124 (I'm one short!)