Two Radio Stn for Field Day? 1A or 2A??

Subject: Two Radio Stn for Field Day? 1A or 2A??
From: popyackl@ers.rl.af.mil (Leonard J Popyack, Jr.)
Date: Wed Sep 21 09:18:33 1994
Would a two radio station for Field Day be considered 1A or 2A??  The number
of transmitters could still be "1", just have two RX!

Len WF2V
"The Len & John Beer Company" FD team

From: p_casier@ub4b.eunet.be (Peter Casier) (Peter Casier)
Subject: More packet racket

>K2WK writes:
>
>> The decision in Europe to do away with the distiction in the Worked
>> All Europe contest (and others) regardless of its motives, has proven
>> that packet doesn't make all that much difference for the true
>> competitor.

N6TR replied:
>I would be really interested in the data that supports that.  While I
>would agree that from the US side, it probably doesn't matter that much,
>having operated this contest from the European side, I can tell you it
>made a BIG difference.

I have to agree with Tree. I've never contested from the US, but it must be
there is a BIG difference with here in EU. Packet surely makes a huge
difference here.
Might be the difference between US and EU is that we're so close to all
these multipliers. During a typical CQWW *daytime*, we can work EU mults on
80 to 10. No way non-assisted guys can beat the assisted. Unless the
non-assisted is in SY perhaps, hi.

Peter
ON6TT.

p_casier@ub4b.eunet.be