Sri, forgot subject to previous message: CQWW at DL0IU

Subject: Sri, forgot subject to previous message: CQWW at DL0IU
From: ann@ifn.ing.tu-bs.de (ann@ifn.ing.tu-bs.de)
Date: Wed Nov 2 13:37:24 1994
subject says it all, sri!   Uli, DL2HBX

From: Dave Hawes <34703@vlf03v31.ueci.com> (Dave Hawes)
Subject: CT Keyboard Delay

Dave, G4BUO wrote:

> At G0KPW we found the reason for the keyboard delay was too low a POLL value.
> It takes a long time for the FT1000 to send all its data to the PC. When you
> are multi-multi there is plenty of other traffic on the network, and it is
> surprising that CT gets a chance to do anything else, even with 486-66
> machines. We ended up using the POLL command to set the value to 30. As I
> recall this value is not saved in the BIN file so if you restart CT, you
> need to enter the command again.

Same goes for the TS-950SDX.  At N3RS we ran the '950 station with POLL
set to 15.  By the way, we could find NO EFFECT AT ALL of this setting,
other than the fact that if it's too low, you get the annoying keyboard
delay.  For CW, we may push POLL up to 1000!

73 - Dave, N3RD

| Dave Hawes                        Internet: 34703@vlf03v31.ueci.com |
| Raytheon Engineers & Constructors    Voice: 215-422-3754            |
| Philadelphia, PA                       Fax: 215-422-4005            |