Low Band Daytime DX Propagation

Subject: Low Band Daytime DX Propagation
From: JFSINGER@delphi.com (JFSINGER@delphi.com)
Date: Sat Dec 10 00:51:03 1994
I operated the WPX CW test single band 40 last May. I heard very weak JA
signals throughout my morning and until 1:30 PM local time when I had to
leave. My antenna is a simple ground mounted 4-square. I live in St Louis.
     I called several of the JA's but never got a response. Only heard one
other station ever call them...a W2, and he had no luck making contact
either. I was beaming short path. The JA's seemed only to be working other
JA's
     I've done a lot of 40-meter DXing and contesting but have never heard
this phenomenon before or since.
     Daytime lowband DX is a fascinating topic. Does it exist on 80? (160!).
I'm not talking about DX two hours before sunset, but about DXing at high
noon or such.
                               Jeff K0OD