"PQ" from VA2AM

Subject: "PQ" from VA2AM
From: WR3O@music-city.tdec.state.tn.us (WR3O@music-city.tdec.state.tn.us)
Date: Fri Feb 3 15:24:43 1995
In the 160 contest, VA2AM was sending "PQ" as his "state".

NA does not recognize this.  Is it the same as "QU"?

What does "PQ" sand for?  Thanks.

73, Kirk WR3O

WR3O@music-city.tdec.state.tn.us

From: Hodge Thorgerson David Cameron-INBA <hodge@servidor.unam.mx> (Hodge
Thorgerson David Cameron-INBA)
Subject: The flap about call areas

As I see it, the flap about call areas is not just about contesting.  It
was nice back when that a K1 was in the northeast and a W0 was in the mid-
west.  Which way to point the beam for a DX station outside the country was
answered by that number.  Looking for S. Carolina?  It used to be alot rarer
and you worked W4s to land one.  It won't break my heart to completely lose
the signifigance of call districts, but they did serve some purpose...
73,  David Hodge   XE1/AA6RX