PQ, QU and QC all = Quebec

Subject: PQ, QU and QC all = Quebec
From: ve2zp@bbs.ve3jf.ampr.org (ve2zp@bbs.ve3jf.ampr.org)
Date: Mon Feb 6 03:36:04 1995
To answer Kirk WR3O and others who may be confused by the exchnages sent by
VE2s and VA2s, PQ, QU and QC are all abbreviations for Quebec.
PQ, as Trey pointed out does stand for "Province of Quebec", but in local
useage also refers to one of our political parties.
QU is obviously the first two letters of the name of this province.
QC is the two-letter abbreviation now favoured by the post office in Canada.
So be prepared Quebec stations may use any of the three.  We're such
unpredictable characters.  Ask anyone in any other province of Canada.
73, Dave VE2ZP/VE9CB
Packet: VE2ZP@VA3TCP.#EON.ON.CAN.NOAM
InterNet: ve2zp@va3tcp.ampr.org