K7SS Sprint CW

Subject: K7SS Sprint CW
From: 0005720561@mcimail.com (Danny Eskenazi)
Date: Wed Feb 15 13:01:00 1995
Hi Dave, thanks for the note. RE 2 radios I would like to ask the public
question: HOW MANY "EXTRA" QSOs CAME FROM THE SECOND RIG? and that question
would
go to all the top ten guys that had two radios. I would really change my
thinking if it only bought them one or two qsos. My thought is that it may
have made a 5-15% difference in their scores. It would really put this "issue"
to bed if we could know some real numbers.
As to the SSB sprint, I'd love top share SOME secrets with ya'll. Let me start
by telling you it was one of those nights that 20 never closed. Almost all my
time was spent there, with a brief fly to 80, and 40, where I was "fresh meat"
and had GREAT rate as a result. But spent very little time on those bands.
Figured that by staying on 20 I would have the best chance of getting "uniques"
and new mults. Also I was at W7XR who has 18 elements on 20 and can spray
from E to S with strong signals everywhere. I think the condx and the
antennas bought me a great number of casual guys where "weren't in the contest"
but "glad to give you a point". There you have it, a combo of good timing
for condx, and the right artillery to do the job - net of 457 (about) QSOs.
By the way the rate INCREASED each hour, something Ive never seen before in
a Sprint. High mult count is a result of high QSO number, they some in the
volume...didn't spend time looking for any mults. ( A few years ago I remeber
trying to work Central America by looking low in the 20 m band and calling in
Spanish..got one or two and ran into several other Gringos doing the same
thing. Dont think thats a good way to max score.
(Dave I dont know if your message to me was direct or to the reflector; cant
telll with the header..so feel free to post this to the reflector. I would
do it myself, but others might not know who or why I was replying to. So post
this and your reply for all if you wish.)
73 de K7SS  Danny Eskenazi